Sunday, August 17, 2008

Relaxing and some baking

Adam was nice and drove me to his mom's house for the BBQ, we went and picked up some sausage peppers and onions from the pizzeria that my brother works at. We then went to his mom's and started setting up. THERE WAS SO MUCH FOOD! I had a veggie burger (on a yummy bun) that he keeps there for me (veggie patch, which I didn't like too much but forgot to bring a boca burger)I had some of his uncles famous baked beans, some pasta salad, a huge strawberry and an amazing pickle from a place called Collingswood Auction fleamarket. I also had a few sips of a margarita, I don't really like them but someone poured me some so I couldn't waste it! That would be alcohol abuse ;) Then onto desert.. there were so many to choose from. Adam and I shared one of my oreo brownies, a cup cake and a piece of a cake that looked like a cheeseburger. I had 2 big bites of the cake and a bite each of the cup cake and my brownie. I am so full! Adam, Joe (my brother) and I played some wiffle ball too. I kicked their butts!!!!! :-D It got pretty hot out so Joe drove me home around 6 and I decided to bake my mom some of her favorite peanut butter cookies. Even though I was stuffed I had to have some cookies dough, unfortunately I can not turn down sugar or peanut butter. I'm now sitting down and relaxing after a nice hot shower. I may go out with my friends for alittle bit to the bar, but I'm not really in the mood for a night out on the town! I feel like being a lazy bum and watching the Olympics.

Hope everyone had a great weekend :-D

Oh and here's the PB Cookie recipe if you'd like to try it :)


1 box of yellow cake mix

1/4
cup packed brown sugar
1/3
cup water
1
cup creamy peanut butter
1/4
cup canola oil
2
eggs

1.
Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick cookie sheets). In large bowl, beat cake mix, brown sugar, water, peanut butter, shortening and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
2.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar and, on ungreased cookie sheet, place 2 inches apart. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped in flour.
3.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment