Monday, September 1, 2008

HAPPY LABOR DAY!




Hi everyone, lets see I quess I'll go back to breakfast and make my way up to now. Breakfast was the same as usual, I woke up at 7 this morning since we went to bed at 10:30 last night! I waited for Adam to get up before I ate to see what his plans were for breakfast. We both had cereal, Mine was the normal Fiber One, Kashi Go Lean Crunch LF soymilk and banana with coffee on the side. I then showered and we were off to the mall for some shopping! I had about 20 bux left on a macy's gift card so I figured I might as well use it up. I got 3 cookie sheets and a spatula for Adam. We then came home and was ready for some lunch! Adam picked up a tasty cheesesteak on the way home, and I had Chobani vanilla with berries and granola. I had a bite of his cheesesteak and some peanuts while getting stuff in the kitchen.

After we were done eating I got to cooking up a dinner that Adam enjoys. Its Chicken Pomodoro its so easy to make that it takes less than 10 minutes for the sauce, the longest part is waiting for the pasta to cook!

here's the recipe if you'd like to try it :)

Chicken Pomodoro


8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti ( I used ww rotini)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
I use Perdue Chicken in the package that is already cooked (You can use as much as you like)
2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil



Cooking Directions
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook spaghetti, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 9 to 11 minutes or according to package directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add anchovies (if using) and crushed red pepper and cook for 30 seconds more. Add tomatoes, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes. Stir in tuna and cook until it is incorporated into the sauce and heated through, 2 minutes more. Divide the spaghetti evenly among 4 plates, top with sauce and garnish with basil. Serve hot.
Yield: 4 servings

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment