Saturday, November 1, 2008

I Love Delicious Orchards!

Hi Everyone
After the gym I went home to the parents, ate way too much chex mix and was off to the library to get some books for the kids at school. I came home after finishing my laundry and showered, ate my leftover sub from last night with a few evil doritos that Adam bought and some of a pickle. (I ate some doritos before I took the picture) oh and I was too lazy to put in on a plate since it would just be another thing to wash!! So I just ate it in the container I had put it in last night ;)Adam and I then were off to Delicious Orchards in Colts Neck. This place is Amazing!!! http://www.deliciousorchardsnj.com/scripts/openExtra.asp?extra=16

I finally found some pumpkin butter without HFCS! It is fruitened with juice instead :-D woohooo. I also got a Jersey white sweet potato, Adam picked up some peppers for his chili he plans on making on Monday and some Apple Cider donuts for our ride to the Pocono Outlets tomorrow :) I tried the pumpkin butter right away when we got home and its AWESOME!! I had about 2 tablespoons.
I then set off to make my own apple butter with this recipe:
Makes 2 cups
ACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 2 1/2 hours
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
8 medium McIntosh apples (2 3/4 pounds), peeled, cored and quartered2 cups unsweetened apple juice
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Arrange apples in a large roasting pan. Pour apple juice over the apples. Bake until tender and lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Using a fork or potato masher, thoroughly mash the apples in the roasting pan. 2. Reduce oven temperature to 350°. Bake the apple puree, stirring occasionally, until very thick and deeply browned, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours. Scrape into a bowl and let cool.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per tablespoon: 27 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrate; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 0 mg sodium.1/2 Carbohydrate Serving


Its in the oven right now so we will see how it comes out ;)

Dinner was an Oikos Vanilla Greek Yogurt with some pureed pumpkin, berries, and about 1/2 cup of honey nut cheerios. MMM This really hit the spot! I got all my "school" work done so I won't have to worry about rushing home tomorrow after our fun outting tomorrow. I think I may have a drink tonight, I feel very anxious for somer reason and think either a Blue Moon or a glass of wine might do the trick.. hehe I hope everyone has a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment